19TH EDITION OF THE JOURNÉES DE LA CULTURE
SEPTEMBER 25, 26 AND 27, 2015
In workshops, on stage, at the office or in classrooms, culture is alive everywhere and deserves to be celebrated. Wherever you are, you are invited to organize one or several activities for the Journées de la culture. Whether it be a workshop, demonstration, guided tour or performance, there are many possibilities. Let your creativity be your guide!
If you are looking for ideas to help you plan your activities, consult the Organizer's Guide. It contains a wealth of useful information. The Liaison Officer in your region can also help you. To find the name of your Liaison Officer, click here.
NEW IN 2015
The Journées de la culture will now have a theme which, without being mandatory, will serve as a common thread for our entire program.
In 2015, cinema will be front and centre!
If you are wondering how to associate the movies with your artistic field, the following are some ideas that may inspire you:
- Open rehearsal by an orchestra playing music from a film score;
- Screening of animated or experimental films in a museum or library;
- Public reading of a film script by actors;
- Dance workshop based on excerpts from musicals;
- Lecture given by a screenwriter, film director, actor or props person;
- Live painting based on short films;
- Exhibition of costumes, sets, production stills, etc;
- Visit to heritage sites used as filming locations;
- Role playing introducing participants to occupations in cinema;
- Knitting, jewellery making and other artistic occupations in which stars from the film world (cult film stars) serve as inspiration.
BE PART OF THE CELEBRATION!