Elisapie will compose Une chanson à l’école!
It’s now a tradition: On Friday, September 27, 2019, tens of thousands of children in Quebec and the Canadian Francophonie will sing in unison in a musical event launching the Journées de la culture!
For this edition of the Journées de la culture, based on the theme of Bringing Together – Developing Relationships, Building Bridges, school children will have an opportunity to immerse themselves in the world of the very inspiring Elisapie. As part of this musical event, the Nunavik icon would like to initiate a broad dialogue. For the first time, a few words in Inuktitut, included in the lyrics of her song, will resound through the schools.
An out-of-the-box song for back to school
- It presents aspects of Elisapie’s fascinating Inuit culture;
- Pupils can easily learn the song in four weeks;
- The song, for the first time, includes a dance routine;
- You can interpret the song however you please: in its original version; with house arrangements; as a lip dub video; with instruments or a capella (unaccompanied); or as a song that the singers can dance to, either a karaoke version or the original version!
- The song will be available to teachers in June (lyrics, sheet music, various versions, etc.);
- In August, a complete teaching guide for the song will be available and feature a host of ideas for classroom activities throughout the year!
Teachers: Starting now, we invite you to include this free, out-of-the-box activity in your planning for the next school year!
The “Une chanson à l’école” project is made possible by Culture pour tous with support from the Quebec Department of Culture and Communications and Quebec’s Secretariat of Canadian Relations, as well as from the Centrale des syndicats du Québec, and in collaboration with La Fabrique culturelle of Télé-Québec.
Dissemination partners: Association canadienne d’éducation de langue française (ACELF) and Canadian Teachers’ Federation.