Participants will be singing with Ariane Moffatt and the OSM!
This is a very special edition of the Une chanson à l’école out-of-the-box activity that we offer to elementary school pupils and teaching staff in Quebec and the Francophonie. This year, Ariane Moffatt and the Orchestre symphonique de Montréal are getting together to perform an awe-inspiring symphonic version of the song Ensemble, sensibles, composed by this incomparable artist from the Francophone music scene!
It will be an unforgettable event on Friday, September 24, 2021, as hundreds of thousands of children in Quebec and the Canadian Francophonie kick off the 25th edition of the Journées de la culture! Register now to be part of the celebration.
On that day, Ariane will answer children’s questions streamed live from the Journées de la culture Facebook page! Stay tuned for upcoming details!
Photo: Antoine Saito
A song for back to school that:
- students learn easily in less than four weeks;
- can be interpreted however you please: in its original version; with house arrangements; as a lip dub video; with various instruments or a capella (unaccompanied); or as a song that the singers can dance to, either a karaoke version or the original version!
- includes choreography and hand and body movements composed by PPS Danse;
- is made available to teachers, starting in the month of June (lyrics, sheet music, various versions, etc.);
- along with, starting in August, a complete instructional guide full of activities to do in class year-round!
Are you familiar with Ariane Moffatt?
Ariane was born in Saint-Romuald on April 26, 1979. Since the early days of her impressive career, her name has been inseparable from contemporary Francophone music and song. An evocative song-writer, versatile musician, activist and full-time mom, Ariane Moffatt continues to be one of the most outstanding, creative and popular personalities in Quebec’s cultural landscape.
Une chanson à l’école is made possible by Culture pour tous with support of Quebec’s Department of Culture and Communications and the Quebec Secretariat for Canadian Relations, as well as the Centrale des syndicats du Québec, and in collaboration with Télé-Québec’s La Fabrique culturelle.
Outreach partners: Association canadienne d’éducation de langue française (ACELF), Canadian Teachers’ Federation, Fédération culturelle canadienne-française and Fédération nationale des conseils scolaires francophones (FNCSF).