Une chanson à l’école composed by Damien Robitaille!
During this long holiday imposed on schools by COVID-19, we are pleased to make an announcement that will delight elementary school students and teachers. The turnkey activity Une chanson à l’école is back, and brought to you this year by none other than Damien Robitaille!
On September 25, 2020, hundreds of thousands of children in Quebec and the Canadian Francophonie will be able to sing together Il me semble, the brand new song composed specially for them by this leading artist from the Francophone pop music scene. Une chanson à l’école is an event that brings people together and has been kicking off the Journées de la culture for the past five years.
Photo : Gaëlle Leroyer
This is a turnkey song for back to school that:
- students learn easily in less than four weeks;
- includes choreography composed by PPS Danse;
- can be interpreted however you please: in its original version; with house arrangements; as a lip dub video; with instruments or a capella (unaccompanied); or as a song that the singers can dance to, either a karaoke version or the original version!
- is made available to teachers, starting in the month of June (lyrics, sheet music, various versions, etc.);
- is followed in August by a complete teaching guide full of ideas for activities to be done in the classroom throughout the year!
Do you know Damien Robitaille?
Born in Ontario and based in Quebec for the past 15 years, Damien Robitaille has become a star in the Canadian Francophone music scene. After bursting onto the music scene after an outstanding performance at the Francouvertes in 2005, he soon signed on with the Audiogram record label. With five albums to his credit, he has given several hundred concerts in Canada and other countries. Damien has also been a host on radio (Jamais trop tard pour les standards on Espace Musique) and on television (Ma caravane au Canada and Voyage de chien on Unis TV). He also played the lead role in and composed the music for the feature-length documentary Un rêve américain.
On April 15, Damien gave a brief live performance on the Facebook page of Télé-Québec’s La Fabrique culturelle. Be sure to watch it to discover a piece of his musical universe!
The Une chanson à l’école project is made possible by Culture pour tous with support of Quebec’s Department of Culture and Communications and the Quebec Secretariat for Canadian Relations, as well as the Centrale des syndicats du Québec, and in collaboration with Télé-Québec’s La Fabrique culturelle.
Outreach partners: Association canadienne d’éducation de langue française (ACELF) and Canadian Teachers’ Federation.