Une chanson à l’école composed by Damien Robitaille!
During this long holiday imposed on schools by COVID-19, we are happy to announce an event that will delight elementary school pupils and teachers. The turnkey activity Une chanson à l’école is back features none other than Damien Robitaille!
On September 25, 2020, hundreds of thousands of children in Quebec and the Canadian Francophonie join together in singing Il me semble, the original song composed especially for them by this artist who has made his mark in the Francophone pop music scene. For the past five years, Une chanson à l’école has been an event that brings people together and kicks off the Journées de la culture.
Damien Robitaille will perform live on the Journées de la culture Facebook page! He will sing Il me semble and answer questions from participating schools. His performance is scheduled for 10:45 am on Friday, September 25.
Photo : Gaëlle Leroyer
A turnkey song for back to school that:
- students learn easily in less than four weeks;
- includes choreography composed by PPS Danse;
- can be interpreted however you please: in its original version; with house arrangements; as a lip dub video; with various instruments or a capella (unaccompanied); or as a song that the singers can dance to, either a karaoke version or the original version!
- is made available to teachers, starting in the month of June (lyrics, sheet music, various versions, etc.);
- starting in August comes with a complete teaching guide full of ideas for activities to be done in the classroom throughout the year!
Do you know Damien Robitaille?
Born in Ontario and based in Quebec for the past 15 years, Damien Robitaille has become a star in the Canadian Francophone music scene. Bursting onto the music scene after an outstanding performance at the Francouvertes in 2005, he soon signed on with the Audiogram record label. With five albums to his credit, he has given several hundred concerts in Canada and other countries. Damien has also been a host on radio (Jamais trop tard pour les standards on Espace Musique) and on television (Ma caravane au Canada and Voyage de chien on Unis TV). He also played the lead role in and composed the music for the feature-length documentary Un rêve américain.
On April 15, Damien gave a brief live performance on the Facebook page of Télé-Québec’s La Fabrique culturelle. Be sure to watch it to discover a piece of his musical universe!
Une chanson à l’école is made possible by Culture pour tous with support of Quebec’s Department of Culture and Communications and the Quebec Secretariat for Canadian Relations, as well as the Centrale des syndicats du Québec, and in collaboration with Télé-Québec’s La Fabrique culturelle.
Outreach partners: Association canadienne d’éducation de langue française (ACELF) and Canadian Teachers’ Federation.