Thursday, September 26
2:00 pm to 4:00 pm
In Quebec CEGEPs and universities
Following its success last year, Particules – correspondances inattendues is back for a second edition as part of the Journées de la culture. Sponsored by novelist, poet, columnist and social worker David Groudreault, the activity will be held for the first time in 25 CEGEPs and universities in 13 regions of Quebec.
The 100 or so participating students will exchange text messages, photos and videos with 20 professional writers and 30 visual artists to create a vast array of interactive correspondence live on Twitter.
The outcome of all the literary creations posted on the social network will be an interactive facilitated activity that can be viewed here.
Be part of this big correspondence event!
Confirmed or simply curious would-be writers, wherever you are, you are invited to take part in the conversation.
List of hashtags by region
Region 2019 hashtag
CEGEP and university staff: There is still time to register!
Registration until September 19.
Organize the activity in your CEGEP or university
- In a public place: Hold the activity in a public area of your CEGEP or university (cafeteria, student café, atrium or library). Invite your students to participate in the activity informally.
- In the classroom: Hold the activity as part of a course in the room of your choice (classroom, computer lab). Ahead of time, prepare your students for the activity by incorporating it into your academic curriculum (Quebec curriculum, writing techniques, poetic language, etc.).
How to register?
Animateurs socioculturels, enseignants en lettres, arts, médias, numérique ou toute personne intéressée à participer à cette grande conversation panquébécoise, voici la marche à suivre :
- Click here to fill out the (free) registration form;
- Read the Participant’s Guide;
- The Journées de la culture team will contact you during the days following your registration to answer your questions and accompany you in setting up the activity;
- Participating CEGEPs and universities will receive a promotional kit with which to create a festive environment!
New : A panel of professionals* will choose a post made by a CEGEP student and another one made by a university student. In addition to winning an iPad, the two winners will help their respective classes host the visit of the author representing their region at an exclusive get-together.
Particules – correspondances inattendues is an activity in the Bell Digital Component of the Journées de la culture, a Quebec Digital Culture Plan measure initiated by the ministère de la Culture et des Communications.
A production of Culture pour tous and of Littérature québécoise mobile, in collaboration with the Fonds de solidarité FTQ, Mouvement Art Mobile, 04h11 and the Union des écrivaines et des écrivains québécois.
Please note that this activity is held in French only.